We offer a variety of products you’ve been waiting for!
Request for quotation
D7 Suites & E7 Place
D7 Suites & E7 Place
Cookie & Jelly
This English translation is provided for your reference purposes only, and is not legally binding. Only a Korean version of the terms and conditions of Use of Shopping Services of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE are legally binding.
< Chapter 1. General Provisions >
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions of Use of Shopping Services of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE (the “D7 & E7 ”) is to set forth the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the parties using the ecommerce-related services and other services (collectively “Services”) provided by D7 SUITES Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) through the “D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE” internet open market site(partner.d7suites.co.kr) (“D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE”) operated by the Company and to promote mutual development through exercising and performing their rights and obligations pursuant to the T&C.
Article 2 (Disclosure, Validity and Amendment of the T&C)
1. The Company will disclose the T&C on the initial landing page or connecting page of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE to help Members to check the T&C, together with the name, place of business, the name of representative(s), business registration number and contact numbers (telephone and facsimile numbers, email address, etc.) of the Company.
2. The Company may amend the T&C to the extent permitted by the Regulation of Standardized Contracts Act, the Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Transactions, the Digital Signature Act, the Act concerning Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Networks and Protection of Information, etc., the Protection of Consumers in e-commerce and Other Transactions Act (“e-Commerce Act”), and the Electronic Financial Transactions Act, and any other applicable laws.
3. If any terms of the T&C are amended by the Company, all amended terms shall be effective 14 days after they are initially posted on the initial landing page of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE, together with the then current T&C, the effective date of and the reasons for the amendment, all of which will be posted for a 14-day period until the date immediately preceding the effective date.
Article 3 (Definitions)
1. Capitalized terms used herein shall have the following meaning:
1) “Member” means a natural or juridical person that has provided personal information to registered with D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE as a member, as classified as follows:
i) General Member (Buyer): an individual of 14 full years old or older, or a company, each entitled to use shopping services provided by the Company
ii) Selling Member (Seller): an individual of 14 full years old or older, or a company, each entitled to use shopping services and selling services provided by the Company
2) “Member ID” means a combination of letters and numbers chosen by a Member, approved by and registered with the Company, for purposes of identification and use of the Services.
3) “Password” means a combination of letters and numbers chosen and registered with the Company by a Member, to verify the Member’s identity and protect the Member’s rights, interests and confidential information.
4) “Operator” means the person appointed by the Company to be responsible for overall management and smooth operation of the Services provided by the Company.
5) “Dispute Mediation Center” means an organization formed and operated by the Company for the reasonable and smooth mediation of disputes in exceptional cases only, whereas, as a general rule, any dispute arising from a transaction through the Company should be resolved by the Seller and the Buyer themselves.
6) “Item Discount” means a discount for an item that a Seller sells through the Services of the Company after agreeing with the Company on a discounted price that is within the service fees. The Company will list the discounted price of applicable items on the relevant webpage serviced by the Company.
2. Any terms not defined in Section 2.1 above shall have the meanings ascribed in the general commercial practices.
Article 4 (Types of the Services)
1. The Company will provide the following Services:
1) Services relating to the development and operation of an e-commerce platform:
i) Sales-related support;
ii) Purchase-related support;
iii) Contract execution related services;
iv) Product information search services; and
v) Other e-commerce related services; and
2) Services for the execution of advertisement and promotion
2. The purposes of the above Services provided by the Company are to allow Members’ use of cybermalls in relation to their transactions of goods and services. The Company shall not take any responsibility in relation to any product registered with D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE or Mobile D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE by any Selling Member (Seller).
< Chapter 2. User Agreement and Data Protection >
Article 5 (Formation of a Shopping Service User Agreement)
1. The Shopping Service User Agreement (the “User Agreement”) shall be formed upon the Company’s acceptance of an application for the use of shopping services, from a person who intends to use the shopping services provided by the Company. The Company will notify its intent to accept the application by disclosure of such intent on the relevant webpage for the Services or by otherwise.
2. A person who intends to use the shopping services shall agree to the T&C and enter necessary information in the form application for membership as provided by the Company.
3. A person of 14 full years old or older or a business operator (whether a natural or juridical person) is eligible to the membership to the Services. An applicant shall apply for the membership in his/her/its real name. If anyone applies for the membership in a name other than his/her/its real name or by misappropriating another’s information, such applicant may be restricted from using the Services or penalized pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
4. Applications will be handled on the first-come-first-served basis, and admission to the membership will become effective at the time when the acceptance by the Company is received by the Member.
5. The Company may withhold or refuse its acceptance of an application in any of the following cases:
1) if in the Company’s real-name verification process, it is found that the application is not made in real name;
2) if the name and resident (or business) registration number in the application are the same as those of an existing Member;
3) if reapplied within two ( 2) months from the Company’s termination of the User Agreement;
4) if reapplied by a Member that is subject to the membership suspension or other action by the Company, during the suspension or other applicable period;
5) if the facilities/equipment cannot afford or if there is technical difficulty; and
6) if the application is found to be unlawful, unfair or in violation of the T&C, or if it is deemed necessary to do so in the Company’s reasonable judgment.
Article 6 (Change and Protection of Personal Information)
1. A Member may not provide false information when applying for the membership, and in the event of any change in the information provided when applying for the membership, the Member must immediately update the information. As a general rule, a Member’s name, ID and resident registration number and the like may not be changed, unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
2. Notification to the Member by the Company shall be considered complete when the notice is delivered to the address or e-mail address provided by the Member. Any damages arising out of the failure to update information must be borne solely by the relevant Member, and the Company shall not be held liable for any such damages.
3. The Company will not use any information provided by the Member for the execution of a User Agreement, for any purpose other than its operation of the Services as consented to by the Member If a new purpose of use arises or for the disclosure of the information to a third party, the Company shall notify the purpose(s) of use or disclosure of the Member’s information (as the case may be) and obtain separate consent from the Member in the phase of the use or disclosure of the Member’s information; provided, however, this shall not be the case if prescribed otherwise by applicable laws and regulations.
4. The Company shall not pre-check the consent box for the collection, use, and provision of personal information as a default. The Company shall also enumerate the services that will be limited to the Member should the Member refuse to consent to the collection, use and provision of personal information, and the Company shall not limit or refuse to provide membership service to any Member who wishes to use the shopping services on the account of the Member refusing to provide consent to the disclosure of any non-essential personal information.
Article 7 (Control over ID and Passwords)
1. Each Member shall be responsible for the control over his/her/its ID and Password, and may in no event assign or lend any of them to a third party.
2. Each Member and each user shall take the responsibility for any and all damages and losses arising out of the leak, assignment or lending of a Member’s ID or Password, that occurs due to a cause that is not attributable to the Company.
3. If a Member becomes aware of the theft, or unauthorized use by a third party, of his/her/its ID or Password, the Member shall immediately notify the Company thereof and the Company shall exert its best efforts to handle the situation promptly.
Article 8 (Termination of the User Agreement)
1. Termination by members:
1) A Member may terminate the User Agreement at any time by notifying the Company of the Member’s intent to terminate it through the applicable service webpage; provided that the Member has taken necessary actions to consummate any and all transactions at least seven ( 7) days prior to the date of the termination notice.
2) A Member shall be solely responsible for any consequences arising out of a termination notice sent within the said period, and upon termination of the User Agreement, the Company may withdraw all benefits additionally granted to the Member by the Company.
3) If a Member who has terminated the User Agreement intends to use the Services later again, the Member’s use of the Services will not be permitted unless the Member notifies the Company of his/her/its new intent to use the Services and the Company accepts the offer.
2. Termination by the Company:
1) The Company may terminate the User Agreement in the event of occurrence or finding of the following:
i) violation of, infringement upon or damage to the rights, reputation, credit or any other interest of any other Member or third party, or breach of Korean laws/regulations or public order and good morals;
ii) obstruction of or any try to impede the proper processing of the Services provided by the Company;
iii) finding that there is a reason for refusal under Section 7.5 hereof; or
iv) circumstances in which the Company finds it necessary, in its reasonable judgment, to refuse the provision of the Services.
2) If the Company terminates the User Agreement with a Member, the Company will notify the Member of its intent of termination by disclosing the reason(s) for termination by e-mail, by phone or otherwise. The User Agreement shall be terminated at the time when the Company notifies the Member of its intent of termination.
3) Even if the Company terminates the User Agreement, these T&C shall continue to apply with respect to the consummation of a sale and purchase contract entered into on or before the termination.
4) When the User Agreement is terminated pursuant to this Article, the Company may withdraw all benefits additionally granted to the Member by the Company.
5) If the User Agreement is terminated pursuant to this Section, the Company may refuse to accept the Members’ re-application.
Article 11 (Term and Suspension of Provision of the Services)
1. The term of the provision of the Services will begin from the date on which use of the Services are applied for, and ends on the date of termination of the User Agreement.
2. The Company may suspend its provision of the Services temporarily upon the occurrence of a justifiable event, including without limitation, the maintenance, repair, examination, replacement of information and communications facilities (such as computers), or if such facilities are out of order; provided that the fact and reasons for temporary suspension of the Services shall be notified on the initial landing page of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE.
3. The Company may restrict or temporarily suspend its provision of the Services if it is unable to provide the Services due to an act of God or a force majeure event equivalent thereto.
Article 9 (Service Usage Fees)
The Company may provide various services needed for the freedom of e-commerce between the Members and charge certain fees therefor (i.e., service usage fees) pursuant to its internal policies.
< Chapter 3. Use of Shopping Services of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE >
Article 10 (Execution of Contracts and Payment of Purchase Prices)
1. A sale and purchase contract will be executed by a Member offering to purchase a given item on the terms and conditions of sales suggested by a Seller and by the Seller’s acceptance of the Buyer’s offer.
2. The Company will provide methods for payment of the purchase price in cash, by credit card, or by other means.
3. The Buyer will enter information relating to the payment of the purchase price at his/her/its own responsibility, and shall solely take any and all liabilities and disadvantages arising out of the information entered by the Buyer in relation to the payment of the purchase price.
4. The Company may cancel a transaction without the consent of any Member, if the purchase price is not paid within a certain time period after the order is placed.
5. The Company will take measures to allow the Buyer to check the contents of the executed sale and purchase contract on the webpage of “My Page,” and will provide guidance on how to cancel the contract and the relevant procedures.
6. The Company may check whether the Buyer is lawfully entitled to use the payment means used when paying the purchase price. The Company may suspend the transaction until the completion of confirmation of the buyer’s right to such use, or cancel the transaction if it is impossible to obtain such confirmation.
7. The amount actually paid by the Buyer shall be an amount (actual purchase price) remaining after applying to the original price (set by the Seller), any basic usage fees, discount coupons applicable to the particular item, delivery fees, details of an option (in the case of an option item) and so on.
The proof of purchase (i.e. cash payment receipts, tax invoices, credit card sales slips, etc.) will be issued to show the amount of the actual purchase price.
Article 11 (Delivery)
1. A delivery period shall begin on the date following the date on which receipt or settlement of payment is confirmed and end on the date of completion of delivery.
2. The Company will guide the Seller to take measures necessary for delivery within three ( 3) business days from the Seller’s receipt of the Company’s notice to confirm the receipt of or settlement of payment by the Buyer.
3. Days during which delivery is impracticable due to a force majeure event or otherwise shall not be counted as part of a delivery period.
4. As a general rule, any dispute arising among the Seller, the Buyer, a delivery service provider, a financial institution, etc. in relation to the delivery, shall be resolved by the relevant parties, and the Company shall in no way take any responsibility.
5. If a status update concerning delivery is delayed due to the Buyer’s failure to confirm his/her/its receipt after the Seller has properly confirmed shipping on its part, the Company may ask the Buyer to confirm the Buyer’s receipt within two ( 2) weeks from the date of Seller’s confirmation of shipping. If, thereafter, despite of the Company’s asking, the Buyer does not confirm his/her/its receipt, the status of the transaction may be automatically converted to “completion of delivery” as at the passage of three ( 3) days, and in such case, if the Buyer has not actually receive the product, then the Buyer may report non-receipt.
Article 12 (Cancellation)
1. A Member may cancel an order of purchase at any time prior to the shipping of the purchased items, and if cancellation is requested during the delivery, it will be handled pursuant to the procedures for return of purchased goods.
2. If an application for cancellation is received after a Member’s completion of payment and while shipping is arranged or pending shipping, the cancellation of the order will be immediately processed, absent special circumstances.
3. In the case of cancellation of an order when the order is ready for shipping, if the purchased items have already been shipped at the time the cancellation application is received, as a general rule, the Buyer shall bear the fees for both delivery and return of the shipped items, and such procedures shall follow the procedures for return of purchased goods rather than the procedure for cancellation of purchased goods.
4. As for any refund following duly processed cancellation within three ( 3) business days.
Article 13 (Return)
1. A Member may demand a return (“Return”) of the Seller’s items from the time such items are shipped by the Seller until seven ( 7) days after receipt of the delivery pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
2. The e-Commerce Act will prevail over the terms and conditions of sales suggested by the Seller, as for general terms and conditions on the Return.
3. As a general rule, costs and expenses incurred for the Return (“Return Costs”) shall be borne by a person to whom the reason for the Return is attributable -- e.g., in the case of simple change of Buyer’s mind, the Buyer shall bear the Return Costs, while in the case of a defect in the purchased items, the Seller shall bear the Return Costs.
4. When applying for the Return, if the Buyer does not set out the return invoice number or accurately notify (orally or in writing) the Seller of the reason(s) for the Return, the Return and refund process may be delayed.
5. As for the refund following the Return, after the returned item is received by the Seller and after the reasons for the Return and who to bear the costs and expenses for the delivery and Return Costs are confirmed, payment in cash will be refunded to the relevant Member within three ( 3) business days.
6. In case the Buyer has to bear the Return Costs, if the additional payment of the Return Costs is not made, the refund may be delayed.
Article 14 (Exchange)
1. A Member may demand an exchange of the Seller’s items from the time such items are shipped by the Seller until seven ( 7) days after receipt of the delivery pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
2. Even if an exchange is requested, an exchange may not be possible if the Seller has no stock for the exchange, and in such case, the request will be processed as a Return.
3. Costs and expenses incurred for the exchange (e.g., costs for delivery to and from the Seller) shall be borne by the Seller in the case of defect in the purchased items, and shall be borne by the Buyer in the case of simple change of mind.
Article 15 (Refund)
In the case of a return or exchange due to a defect in the purchased items, the Company will have payment in cash refunded to the relevant Member within three ( 3) business days, and in the case of return or exchange due to simple change of mind.
Article 16 (Exceptions to Return, Exchange or Refund)
In the any of the following cases, the Buyer shall not demand a Return, exchange or refund:
1) if the item is lost, destroyed or damaged due to a cause attributable to the Buyer;
2) if the value of the item has notably decreased due to use or partial consumption by the Buyer;
3) if the value of the item has notably decreased due to the passage of time so as to make its resale difficult;
4) if the packaging of a duplicable media product (e.g., software, CDs, DVDs, etc.) is damaged; or
5) if the item is specially ordered and the Buyer consented in writing (electronic consent included) that, as such, returning the item will likely cause irreparable damage to the Seller.
< Chapter 4. Use of Additional Services of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE >
Article 17 (International Delivery Services)
1. The Company will provide services to provide assistance in the process of international delivery of products (for which a sale and purchase contract is entered into) through international delivery networks that are in the business partnership with the Company. The stages of international delivery will consist of the following:
1) Domestic Delivery: up until the items purchased by a Buyer are warehoused in a distribution center of a third party that is in the business partnership with the Company; and
2) International Delivery: from the warehousing, to the delivery to the recipient through international delivery networks.
2. In the case of international delivery, a sale and purchase contract may be cancelled at any time before the delivery of the purchased items, and a Return due to change of mind of a Buyer will be allowed only up to the stage of domestic delivery. As a general rule, no Return will be allowed once the stage of international delivery commences; provided that, as an exception, if the Company approves an exchange or a Return for a justifiable reason (e.g., an inherent defect in the purchased item, etc.), the purchased item has completed may be returned even if its which international delivery is completed.
3. A Buyer who intends to obtain the Company’s approval for an exchange or a Return, shall submit objective evidencing materials to the Company to prove the reasons therefor, e.g., an inherent defect in the purchased item, and if such inherent defect is proved, the Seller shall bear all necessary costs and expenses incurred for an exchange or a Return, including without limitation delivery costs, etc.
4. If an exchange or a Return is approved by the Company, the Buyer shall contact the International Delivery Customer Center, return the purchased item through a post office located in the relevant area, and provide evidencing documents (i.e., evidence of delivery costs, etc.) to the Company.
5. If the estimated international delivery costs paid at the time of purchase are greater than actually incurred costs, the Company shall refund the difference.
6. If the estimated international delivery costs paid at the time of purchase are less than actually incurred costs, delivery will be possible only if the Buyer makes the additional payment. If the international delivery costs are not fully paid for six ( 6) months despite of the Company’s continuous notification, the purchased item may vest to the Company.
7. The recipient shall bear all other costs and expenses that may incur and vary depending on the country of shipping/delivery (such as customs, taxes, etc.) in relation to the use of international delivery services.
< Chapter 5. Management and Protection of Users >
Article 18 (Management of Users)
1) withdrawal of benefits (in part or in whole) provided by the Company additionally;
2) restriction upon the use of certain services;
3) termination of a User Agreement; and
4) bringing a claim for damages.
2. If the Company intends to take any action provided in the foregoing section against a Member, the Company must in advance notify the Member thereof by phone or by email, and if inevitable (such as, if it is impossible to reach such Member or in an emergency situation), the Company may notify the Member after taking the action.
3. A Member may raise an objection to the action (to be) taken by the Company hereunder, if the Member has a reason for such objection.
Article 19 (Management of User’s Credit Rating)
1. The Company may ascribe a certain credit rating to the Member, based on the amount, number and frequency of the Member’s purchase and other performance records and the like, and grant certain benefits depending on the respective credit ratings.
2. The Company may disclose any and all terms and conditions of the credit ratings ascribed to the Members and respective benefits granted by the Company, and any amendment to such terms and conditions on a separate webpage serviced by it.
Article 20 (Liability for Copyright Infringement)
1. The Company has established and enforces a policy to protect the copyrights of copyright owners in connection with the provision of the Services, and Members must comply with the copyright policy of the Company.
2. Copyright to various content posted on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE (whether in its shopping Webzine, product review, Q&A or otherwise) shall vest in the Member who prepared/posted using the shopping services provided by the Company, and if any such content infringes upon copyright of any other person, the Member shall be liable therefor.
3. If a Member’s copyright is infringed on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE, the Member may protect his/her/its lawful right through the copyright infringement report center operated by the Company.
4. The Company may without prior notice remove any content posted on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE or take any action (such as, placing restrictions on the use of certain services, termination of a User Agreement, etc.) against the person who posted the content, in the following case, provided, however, unless the content falls under any of the following cases, the Company shall not remove the content based solely on the reason that it includes information disadvantageous to the Seller, such as dissatisfaction with the purchased item:
1) if the laws and regulations of Korea are violated;
2) if an illegal product, or obscene content, of which sales are prohibited under applicable laws and regulations, is posted or advertised;
3) if any untrue or exaggerated statement for advertisement are included in the content;
4) if other’s rights, reputation, credit or other lawful interests are infringed or violated;
5) if a link inducing to a direct dealing (i.e., deviating D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE) or to another website is posted;
6) if any malignant code or data are included in the content;
7) if it is against the social or public order in the society or against good morals and traditional customs;
8) if it is found impeding smooth operation of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE services provided by the Company;
9) if it contains content related to criminal acts; or
10) if it contains content that instigates political or economic disputes.
5. Any content posted on the D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE (whether in its shopping Webzine, product review, Q&A or otherwise) and prepared by a Member may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on other websites partnering with the Company for the purposes of promotion, advertisement of any products transacted on the D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE, and may be revised or edited to the extent not changing the essential substance thereof.
Article 21 (Customer Center)
1. The Company will operate the Customer Center for addressing customer concerns and resolution by mediation of a dispute between Members, or between a Member and a third party.
2. If the Company determines that the complaints and comments submitted by the Members are reasonable, then the Company shall address these concerns as soon as possible, by notifying the Members of the case progress within three ( 3) business days, and the results of its investigation and remedies within ten ( 10) business days.
3. Members shall, with sincerity, respond to the mediation process through the Customer Center.
Article 22 (Prohibited Activities)
1. Direct Dealing
1) For the safety of transactions, neither a Seller nor a Buyer may enter into any direct dealing or may avoid using the Escrow Service provided by the Company. Any party to a direct dealing shall enter into such direct dealing at its own responsibility for any and all issues and problems arising out of the direct dealing. The Company shall in no way be responsible for any such issue or problem.
2) If a Seller is found to have entered into or to have induced to enter into a direct dealing, a sales service user contract with the Seller may be terminated. Any Member may report to the Customer Service operated by the Company, a Seller that has entered into or induced to enter into a direct dealing.
2. System-related Misbehavior
1) No one may use the Services or access to the system in an unusual manner without utilizing the process and method provided by the Company for the use of Services is prohibited.
2) If any system-related misbehavior is found by the Company, the Company may cancel benefits (whether in part or in whole) additionally provided by the Company, placing restrictions on the offender’s use of certain services, terminate a User Agreement and take any other actions. If any damages arising out of the misbehavior, the Company may demand the offender to compensate for all such damages.
3. Settlement-related Misbehavior
1) No one may use the shopping services provided by the Company in another’s name or with the information on another’s credit card, bank account, and the like.
2) No one may conduct unusual settlement in a manner prohibited by applicable laws (such as, the Specialized Credit Financial Business Act), e.g., lending or borrowing funds to or from another in the guide of sales of goods or provision of services. If any such misbehavior is found by the Company, the Company may terminate a User Agreement or suspend the transaction concerned and report it to the competent authority.
3) No one may conduct a purchase without any intent to actually make a purchase (e.g., where no delivery follows the purchase). If any such misbehavior is found by the Company, the Company may cancel the transactions concerned and impose sanctions depending on the circumstances.
1) No one may purchase an item by temporarily listing the item at the lowest price on another open market or internet shopping mall for the purposes of forcing D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE to issue discount coupons, and then re-sell the item to a third-party buyer after the third-party buyer purchases the item with the discount applied.
2) The Company may place restrictions on Members who are confirmed to have violated the prohibition on re-selling (first violation: a warning; second violation: suspended use for a certain period; third violation: permanent suspension), and the Company may request compensation if the Members’ actions result in damages.
5. Other Prohibited Activities
1) No Member may conduct any activity that causes damages or losses to the Company and interferes the fostering of fair market environment, by entering into unusual multiple transactions by utilization of discount rates, and the like, provided by the Company. If any such misbehavior is found by the Company, the Company may cancel the transactions concerned and impose sanctions (including suspension of entering into any transaction) depending on the circumstances.
2) The Company may suspend a Member’s eligibility/membership or refuse or limit the provision of services in any of the following events and may take other necessary measures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, protect the rights of third parties, secure the safety of the website, etc.
< Chapter 6. Miscellaneous >
Article 23 (Relationship between Rules to Comply and Applicable Laws and Regulations)
1. Any matters not provided in the T&C shall be governed by e- Commerce Act, any other applicable laws and regulations, and general commercial practices.
2. For transactions executed through the shopping service provided by the Company, e- Commerce Act and other applicable laws and regulations shall primarily apply to the parties to the transactions, and neither party may not claim release of its liabilities in reliance with the T&C.
3. If necessary, the Company may set out separate terms that apply to specific services (“Individual Terms”) and post the Individual Terms on the D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE homepage or otherwise for advance notification.
4. Amendment of the Individual Terms provided in Section 38.3 above will be effective 14 days after initially posted on the initial landing page of D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE, and will be posted for a 14-day period until the date immediately preceding the effective date.
5. Member shall pay attention to any changes to the T&C and the Individual Terms, and when any amendment thereto is posted, Members shall review and check them.
Article 24 (Disclaimer)
1. As a mail-order intermediary, the Company only provides a transaction system that is based on the D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE. Parties to a transaction shall be responsible in the event of any disputes arising in connection with any transaction using the D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE transaction system.
2. Absent willful misconduct or gross negligence of the Company, the Company shall not be liable for any damages suffered by a Member or a third party due to temporary suspension of the Services pursuant to Section 11.2.
3. If the Company restricts or suspends the Services pursuant to Section 11.3, the Company shall on grounds of a force majeure event be released from any liability for damages.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any disruption or other interruption in the use of the Services that has arisen for a reason attributable to a Member.
5. The Company shall in no event be liable for any damages whatsoever, arising from a Member’s disclosure or provision of the Member’s personal information to another.
Article 25 (Jurisdiction)
Any dispute/lawsuit arising from or out of this agreement or user policy, or dispute between Members. to which the Company is a party, shall be submitted to the competent court having jurisdiction over the place where the head office of the Company is located.
Article 26 (Others)
1. The Company may, if necessary, change or suspend certain Services (or part thereof) temporarily or permanently by providing advance notice on the homepage of its website.
2. Neither the Company nor Members shall transfer any rights and obligations under the T&C to a third party without the express consent of the other party.
3. All agreements, memoranda of understanding, notices and other instruments additionally executed between the parties and any and all notices to Members by the Company by posting on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE pursuant to changes in the Company’s policies, enactment and amendment of laws and regulations, public announcements and guidelines of the authorities, and the like, shall constitute part of the T&C.
I agree with the terms fo use above.
Please check the Policy from time to time when you visit our website, as the Policy may be amended pursuant to changes to the applicable laws, regulations and guidelines relating to the protection of personal information and changes in D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE’s policies. D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE’s Policy includes the following information:
• 1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
• 2. Provision and Sharing of Personal Information to or with a Third Party
• 3. Outsourcing of Processing of Personal Information
• 4. Duration of Retention and Use of Personal Information and Destruction
• 5. Cookies
• 6. Rights of Users
• 7. Responsibilites of Users
• 8. Liability on Links to Other Web Sites
• 9. Technical / Managerial Safeguards to Protect Personal Information
• 10. Privacy Officer
• 11. Obligation of Notification
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
A. We collect personal information to verify the identity of our customer and confirm his or her intent to use our services to provide optimal custom-designed services to the customer. We collect only the minimum information necessary to help a customer to use our services, when the customer first signs up to be a member. We may additionally collect information necessary for payment, delivery of goods and services, refund and the like, following customer’s use of our services.
B. We do not use the personal information for any purpose other than that set forth herein or disclose such information to any third party without the consent of the customer.
C. We collect and use personal information for the following purposes described below. However, we may, after notification, collect a resident registration number if it is inevitable to collect and store it and bank account information pursuant to applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation, the Framework Act of National Tax and the Electronic Financial Transactions Act), and mobile phone number information if it is inevitable to collect and store it for the settlement of payment through the small-sum settlement on using the mobile phone, etc.
1) Member Who Is a Buyer
- Name, gender, mobile phone number, ID, password, Company Information, Nationality, Address etc.
- Name of representative, business registration number, and contact number (for business): to provide services to a member that is a business operator, and so on
- E-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and address: for communications to facilitate transactions, confirm his/her intent, handle complaints, give updates on services and notifications, etc.
- Name, address, and telephone number of a recipient: to verify the destination for delivery of goods and free gifts, etc.
2) Member Who Is a Seller
- Name, legal alien registration number, gender, date of birth, ID, password, connecting information (CI), duplication information (DI): to verify his/her identity for the use of our services; provide services subject to age restrictions, etc.
- Resident registration number: to comply with Article 6 of the e-Commerce Act addressing the preservation of transaction records
- Name of representative, business registration number, and contact number (for business): to provide services to a member that is a business operator, and so on
- E-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number and address: for communications to facilitate transactions, confirm his/her intent, handle complaints, give updates on services and notifications, etc.
- Name, address and telephone number of a recipient: to verify the destination for the delivery of goods/services and free gifts, etc.
- Credit card information, bank account information, mobile phone number information: to provide payment services (including remittance of payments for goods/services), etc.
In the course of your using our services or transaction processing, the following information may be automatically generated and collected:
- IP address, date and time of visit, records of use of our services: to prevent unauthorized use and misuse
D. In the case of collecting personal information of a customer, the Company will collect the information with his/her consent, and will not collect information on race, origin, legal domicile of origin, religion, political disposition, criminal records, health condition and other information likely to infringe on the fundamental rights of customers, unless upon the consent of the relevant individual or required by law.
E. The Company only allows people of age 14 and up to register as members, and as a general rule, it does not collect information of people under the age of 14, for the collection of whose information is required the consent of their legal guardians. However, the company may collect and use the personal information of people under the age of 14 if their legal guardian consents.
F. We may collect personal information in the following manner:
1) collection on/through the Company’s homepage, in writing, by facsimile, by phone, through your contacting a customer center, and through your participating in an event; and
2) automatic collection through tools to collect generated information
2. Provision and Sharing of Personal Information to or with a Third Party
A. We will use customers’ personal information only for the purposes and within the scope of use identified in the “Collection and Use of Personal Information” Section above. We will not use the personal information beyond such scope without the prior consent of the relevant individual, and as a general rule, we will not provide the information to any third party, except as set out below.
1) if the relevant individual consents, in advance, to the disclosure or provision to a third party; or
2) if required by law, or if requested by the law enforcement or competent authority pursuant to the procedures and methods of due process prescribed by applicable laws and regulations for the purpose of a criminal or other investigation.
B. If placement of an order or payment is made for a transaction through services provided by the Company, we may provide the other party thereto with relevant information to help such other party to carry out the transaction (including but not limited to delivery), or to facilitate communications between the parties thereto (including but not limited to consultation), but in any event only to the extent necessary.
C. If otherwise necessary to provide personal information to a third party, we may provide or share personal information to or with a third party upon consent from customers through due process. The recipients to which we provide the personal information with consent from customers, and the purposes of their uses are set out below.
Recipients and Purposes of Use
*** It will be posted once selected the Third-party companies.
3. Outsourcing of Processing of Personal Information
A. We may outsource personal information processing services to third party service providers to facilitate and improve our services.
B. In relation to processing of personal information, we outsource such tasks as set out below to third-party service providers and, when executing outsourcing contracts with them, take measures necessary to ensure security in the management of personal information. Further, information processed through outsourcing arrangements is limited to the minimum information necessary to facilitate provision of our services. Our third-party service providers for the processing of personal information of our customers and the purposes of outsourcing are set out below.
*** It will be posted once selected the Third-party companies.
4. Duration of Retention and Use of Personal Information and Destruction
As a general rule, the Company retains and uses customer’s personal information for the notified and agreed durations and once the purposes of collection and use of the personal information are achieved, it is without delay destroyed (provided, however, that the personal information will be destroyed after two (2) months from the date of termination of a shopping service user agreement (“User Agreement”) to prevent re-registration during the re-registration probation period). Further, the following information may be retained for such duration for such reasons as set out below:
A. Retention pursuant to applicable laws and policies of the Company
If required to retain personal information pursuant to applicable laws, including without limitation the Commercial Code, we retain user’s personal information for such duration as prescribed thereby, in which case the Company will use the information solely for the purposes of retention, and applicable durations of retention are set out below.
1) Records on contracts or withdrawal of offers and the like
- Reasons for retention: Article 6 of the e-Commerce Act; and Article 6 of the Enforcement Ordinance thereof
- Duration of Retention: 5 years
2) Records on payment settlement and supply of goods, etc.
- Reasons for retention: Article 6 of the e-Commerce Act; and Article 6 of the Enforcement Ordinance thereof
- Duration of Retention: 5 years
3) Records on processing of customer disputes and complaints
- Reasons for retention: Article 6 of the e-Commerce Act; and Article 6 of the Enforcement Ordinance thereof
- Duration of Retention: 3 years
4) Records on access
- Reasons for retention: Article 15-2 of the Communications Secrecy Protection Act; and Article 41 of the Enforcement Ordinance thereof
- Duration of Retention: 3 months
5) Records on misbehaviors in the use of services
- Reasons for retention: Retention pursuant to the Company’s policies, such as, prohibition of misbehaviors
- Duration of Retention: 5 years
B. The duration of retention / use of collected personal information will start from when the User Agreement is entered into (i.e., signing up for a membership) and end when the User Agreement is terminated (including, but not limited to, applying for withdrawal from the membership, and discretionary withdrawal/dismissal). Further, in the case of termination of the User Agreement upon mutual agreement, the Company will without delay destroy all of your personal information other than contained in materials required to retain for a certain period for the afore-mentioned reasons for data retention, and will also instruct its third-party service providers to destroy the personal information provided to them for the outsourcing of data processing.
C. Based on Addendum 11322, Section 2 of the Act concerning Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Networks and Protection of Information (the “IC Network Act”), your resident registration number will be destroyed within 2 years of the effective date of the IC Network Act if a user enters into no transaction on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE for two (2) years, and the user signed up for membership before August 18, 2012.
D. Based on Section 29 of the IC Network Act, your personal information will be destroyed upon notification to you or stored separately if a user enters into no transaction on D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE for three (3) years, and the user signed up for membership before August 18, 2012. provided, however, that your personal information will be kept on file for a certain period of time prescribed in applicable laws such as the e-Commerce Act, if the laws require data retention. E. Method of destruction
Your personal information will be destroyed without delay if the purposes of collection and use of the personal information are achieved. If printed on paper, your personal information will be destroyed by shredding or incinerating the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in the form of electronic files, your personal information will be destroyed by technical means making the records non-reproducible.
customized services to the members. A cookie is a small text file of information about the basic setting of a website, sent by the website’s web
server to the web browser of a user of the website, and it is stored in the hard disc of the computer used by you.
B. Installation and Operation/maintenance of Cookies and Refusal thereof
1) You have an option to accept or refuse installation of cookies. Therefore, you can choose the options of your web browser to accept all cookies, to receive notice when cookies are installed, or to refuse all cookies.
- How to enable/disable cookies on Internet Explorer
＊ Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
＊ Click the Privacy tab.
＊ Under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
6. Rights of Users
A. You may at any time access, check or correct your registered personal information at the “Edit Info.” page of Partner mall. If you make a request for checking or correction of it to our Privacy Officer in writing or by e-mail, we will take care of your request. Please note that ID, the name, resident (business) registration number and legal alien registration number may not be corrected. If, however, your name has been duly changed, or if your resident (business) registration number has been duly changed for administrative reasons, then correction of such information may be exceptionally permissible. If correction or removal is prohibited or restricted under applicable law or regulation, fulfillment of your request may be restricted. Further, if you request correction of your personal information, the relevant personal information will not be used or provided until correction has been completed, unless provision of the information is requested pursuant to any other applicable law or regulation. As for information that was already provided to a third party, the third party will be notified of the results of correction, so that the corrected information may apply as soon as the correction process is complete.
B. You may at any time request to stop handling of your personal information at D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE; provided that in the following case, we may refuse to satisfy your request:
1) if particularly prescribed by any law or regulation, or if the handling is inevitable to perform obligations in compliance with applicable law or regulation;
2) if there is apprehension that life/body of any other person may be harmed or that the property and other interest of any other person may be unjustly infringed upon; or
3) if, without handling the personal information, it is impossible to perform a contract with the customer (such as a contract for provision of service), where the customer has not expressly made it clear that he/she intends to terminate the contract.)
C. You may at any time withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and provision of personal information (whether provided at the sign-up process or otherwise). The consent can be withdrawn on the web (by clicking “application for withdrawal from a membership” at D7 SUITES & E7 PLACE), or by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing, by phone, by email or otherwise. At your request, we will take necessary measures to handle withdrawal requests without delay; provided that, if required to keep in storage your personal information pursuant to applicable law, regulation or terms and conditions, handling of your withdrawal request may be restricted. In such case, you must disclose your Member ID and personally identifiable information to verify your identity. Upon withdrawal, your use of the Service may be somewhat limited or the Service in part or wholly may be unavailable to you.
7. Responsibilities of Users
You have obligations to protect your own personal information, and we are in no event responsible for any issues or problems arising out of the leak of personal information caused by your own negligence (such as, transfer, lending or loss of your ID, Password, access medium, etc., leaving a PC without logging out, and the like), inherent problems in Internet (such as, vulnerability of browsers, hacking by use of such technology or method as cannot be prevented by security measures compliant with applicable laws and regulations and as controllable despite of substantial care taken by the Company to prevent the same) and the like, in each case, so long as it is not attributable to the Company.
A. You should keep your personal information up-to-date, and are solely responsible for any accidents arising out of your provision of inaccurate information.
B. If you misappropriate another’s personal information, including resident registration number, etc., when signing up for a membership or entering into a transaction to sell or purchase goods or services, you may lose your membership and be subject to criminal sanctions under the Resident Registration Act.
C. You are responsible to keep your ID, password etc. securely protected. You should not assign or lend any of them to a third party. You have obligations to cooperate with the Company’s request to change your passwords regularly for security purposes pursuant to the Policy.
D. After using our services, you should log out from your account and close the web browser.
E. You must comply with all laws and regulations concerning personal information, including but not limited to the IC Network Act, the Personal Information Protection Act, and the Resident Registration Act.
8. Liability on Links to Other Web Sites
We can provide you with links to another websites. However, this Policy is not applicable to such other sites’ collection of personal information.
9. Technical / Managerial Safeguards to Protect Personal Information
In handling your personal information, we take the following technical/managerial safeguards to ensure your personal information secure from loss, theft, leak, falsification or destruction:
A. Encryption of Personal Information
Your passwords will be, after one-way encryption, kept and managed, and only you who knows the passwords can check and modify your passwords. We set rules on the generation of passwords so as to prevent you from using your birthday, phone number, or any other numbers easily predictable. Your personal information, such as resident registration numbers, legal alien registration numbers, bank account numbers and credit card numbers, will be, after encrypted by safe password algorithms, kept and managed.
B. Anti-hacking Measures
To prevent leak of your personal information as a result of intrusion to our information and communications networks, such as hacking, we operate intrusion detection and firewall systems for 24 hours a day. To prevent an intrusion, all of our intrusion detection and firewall systems have duplex configuration, and for secure transmission on networks, sensitive personal information in transit is protected through encryption etc..
C. Minimization and Training of Personal Information Managers
We limit the number of our employees who handle personal information to the minimum level necessary and impress on them the importance of protection of personal data through managerial safeguards, including but not limited to their training.
D. Operation of a Separate Department particularly for the Protection of Personal Information
For the efficient protection of personal information, we operate a separate department particularly for the protection of personal information. Further we exert our efforts to correct any problem, if found, through checking items to comply with under this Policy and whether our personal information managers are in compliance with the Policy.
10. Privacy Officer
We exert our best efforts to help you use our services safely. You can report any complaint on privacy issues in relation to the use of our services, to our privacy officer or a separate department in charge of protection of personal information, and we will respond to your reports promptly and with sincerity.
Protection of Personal Information
Privacy Officer Name: [Yoon, Jung Min]
Title: [ Chief Privacy Officer, CPO];
Tel No.: +82-2-3298-4000
If any other reporting or counseling is required in relation to infringement of personal information, please contact the following institutions for inquiry.
KISA (Korea Internet & Security Agency) :
Tel No.: (with no preceding number) +82-118
URL : http://www.118.or.kr
KAIT (Korea Association of Information and Telecommunication) :
Tel No.: +82-2-580-0533~4
URL : http://www.eprivacy.or.kr
SPO (Supreme Prosecutor’s Office Republic of Korea) :
Tel No.: +82-2-3480-2000
URL : http://www.spo.go.kr
CTRC (Cyber Terror Response Center) :
Tel No.: +82-2-393-9112
URL : http://www.ctrc.go.kr
11. Obligation of Notification
This Policy may be amended pursuant to the government’s policy or out of necessity of the Company. Any addition, deletion or revision of this Policy will be notified in advance on our homepage or by email at least 7 days prior to the effective date, and if it is difficult to give prior notification, it will be notified subject to availability without delay; provided that if any material term (i.e., the purpose of collection and use of personal information, the third party to which personal information will be provided, etc.) is added, deleted or revised, such addition, deletion or revision will be notified in advance at least 30 days prior to the effective date that the Policy as amended will take effect 30 days from the date of notification. In addition, in case where any content to which requires us to obtain from you a separate consent to any consent item (i.e., the collection and use of personal information, provision of personal information to a third party, etc.) under applicable law or regulation (including without limitation, the IC Network Act, etc.) is added or changed, we will obtain a separate consent from you pursuant to the applicable law or regulation.
Date of Notification: May 15, 2018
Effective Date: June 15, 2018
I agree to the collection and use of personal information.